Dropdown menu

Thursday, December 18, 2014

December Thanksgiving Art Journal Challenge Day 18

2014-12-18 23.21.28Zowie, I'm tired. It's been a long day, and I took on a semi big project. My office has been a mess lately, so today I went ahead and started cleaning it. And by cleaning, I mean reorganizing and finding places for things. And filing. Yikes. Does anyone hate filing as much as I do? The good news is that I have all of my tax receipts organized so at least that big job is done. Because I don't have a regular desk, that means I spent a few hours on the floor tonight organizing things.

How does that apply to today's art journal challenge?

Easy, since today's art journal challenge is about clothes, I was super happy to be wearing comfy pants. It's so much easier to move around and sit on the floor when you're wearing comfortable clothes.

But I also hope you take some time to look at my picture. It's pretty pathetic. Seriously, I wish you could see it up close and see how badly I messed up the arms. This isn't me trying to get people to say how terrible I am, but to point out that even though my drawing of myself has freakishly weird arms, it brought me joy to make it.

Bad art is still worthy of your art journal.


I think we spend so much time trying to get things perfect that we miss the joy of making art. I can't draw a person to save my life, and I don't care. Maybe some of you look at this and think, "wow, she's really bad, she needs to keep the day job." I'm good with that. I don't aspire to show my work in a gallery or make millions off of it. I like making pictures because the act of creation brings joy to my heart. Not being perfect reminds me that I don't have to be! God loves me and my art just as much as if my art were comparable to Michelangelo's. What He's looking at is my heart and my desire to open my heart to creativity.

So if you've been on the fence, wondering if you can do this art thing, go ahead and try it. Creating is fun, and it's even more fun when you aren't putting pressure on yourself to perform.

Today's challenge is the clothes you're wearing.


My entry reads:
"I am so thankful for my grey fuzzy pants. They are my favorite most comfortable pants. I love wearing them, and I'm glad to have something so warm and cozy. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!"

What are you thankful about in terms of the clothes you're wearing?


I'd love for you to share your art journal masterpieces. You can either post them on Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram with the hashtag #DecemberThanksgiving, or feel free to email me if you want to keep it private.

And, if you'd like to receive a PDF with all the challenges for this month, be sure to subscribe to my newsletter!

You can sign up here:



Subscribe to my mailing list to join in the December Thanksgiving Challenge!


* indicates required







Email Format












No comments: