Dropdown menu

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

So the point of a challenge is...

TO DO IT!!!

Here's the funny thing. I've chatted with a few folks who said they read my blog. A couple said, oh yeah, I want to do that challenge thing.

So do it already! Post your goal. What are you going to accomplish between now and Sunday night?

Me, I'm going to send those lovely chapters to a fresh set of eyes to do some tweaking. While I wait, I'm going to write 5,000 words on book 3.

That's my goal. Meeting it will be something of a miracle given that hubby so graciously filled my Panera time with some repair dude, I have a research field trip planned with my friend Karen, kiddo has a school program, I still have my normal work to do, I'm supposed to pay bills, my house is a DISASTER, and hubby will be working insane hours. And for some reason, my family is still under the impression it's my job to feed them. I know, rough life.

Believe it or not, my list of things to do is not a complaint. Maybe just a small whine because I have a really bad headache. My point is this: we all have challenges. Some of you have bigger lists than I do. That's fine. Maybe it'll be all you can do to fire up the old computer and tap out a few lines. Then do that. Make yourself do something. Push yourself a little more to do more than you thought you could.

That's the only way to meet your goals.

Post them, and then go DO it!

2 comments:

Robbie Iobst said...

Danica, here is my goal: On Monday I am going to email out a proposal that was requested from me at CCWC. I have to tweak it quite a bit and that is what I will be working on this week. I will tell you how I have done on Sunday, but I won't send it out until Monday.
Whew...thanks for the encouragment!

Danica Favorite said...

Go Robbie!!