Dropdown menu

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Thursday Thirteen #47: Where did the week go?


Thirteen Things about where the week went


I have to say, I hate long weekends. I have a hard enough time keeping track of days as it is, so when folks mess it up by throwing a holiday in there, I get really confused. Which leaves me wondering... where did the week go?

1. I flounder without a "normal" schedule. The little one had her last day of preschool last week, so I'm having a hard time focusing without that schedule to remind me of what day it is.
2. Having hubby home on Monday made me think it was Sunday so I've been a day behind all week.
3. For some reason, I keep thinking we have one more week in May...
4. I remembered a birthday party just before we had to be there, so the little one didn't miss it!
5. I managed to double book us for a picnic and a girl scout event.
6. I did make it to Sharen's last day at WFTJ, but because I thought we had another week, I forgot her gift.
7. The school isn't serving hot lunch tomorrow, so I REALLY have to remember it IS Friday, the last day of school, and I have to pack her a lunch.
8. I did get all of our bills paid. I think. Now I have to remember to mail them...
9. I also got some books ordered that I've been meaning to order for a while.
10. I am working on a plan for the summer to keep us all on track (and on schedule!).
11. I did get in to work and finished another project I've been working on.
12. I went grocery shopping and stocked the kitchen.
13. And YES!! I did finish the newest Packrat set. :)

So before you all comment and tell me to look up Flylady, let's just be clear here. Flylady is not my thing. I'll be fine once we figure out a new schedule. Until the next holiday or change hits. :)



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



4 comments:

stace41971 said...

I'm right there with you! I'm constantly asking my kids "what day is it?" They just roll their eyes and tell me..lol..they've gotten used to their mother being slightly confused and befuddled :P This summer should be interesting, I have no schedules to follow...I'm never going to know what day of the week it is much less the date!. Thanks for sharing :-D

Jane said...

I am counting down the days til summer holidays begin. As a teacher and single parent I am scheduled up to my eyeballs 10 months a year and just looooovvve having no schedule for 2 months - I don't want to know what day it is! But I am always ready by September to get back into the swing of things. Happy TT.

Sheila said...

The days tend to blur together for me too unless I'm frequently referring to a calendar.

I also am working on summer plans.

This is my first week joining in the Thursday Thirteen. Nice to *meet* you!

sheila

Danica Favorite said...

Ah, you guys make me feel so much better! I'm not crazy!!