Dropdown menu

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Fat Rolls

Yes, I've degenerated to writing about fat rolls.

You can all blame Heather. It's her fault for making fun of my observations of my fat rolls.

I was always the skinny girl, the one everyone thought needed to gain weight. Enter giving birth twice and hitting thirty, and now I have fat rolls. So tonight, I was sitting here, trying to come up with an inspirational post, and all I have for you is fat rolls.

I never realized how terrible it is to have fat rolls. You have to sit in just the right position, or your fat rolls rub against parts of your body, like your ribs, and make it hard to get comfortable. The creases of fat rolls itch. And when my fat rolls get caught up with my ribs, it's even hard to breathe. So here I am, trying to write, and I'm itchy and uncomfortable, and all I can think about is fat rolls. Like why, if these things are such a pain, why don't we try to lose weight?

I mean seriously! My fat rolls don't keep me any warmer than I was when I was thin. It's a million times harder to get comfortable. I can't sit right. I can't lay down right. I know it's bad for my health. I know I'm more unattractive. I know I feel worse physically.

And yet, I don't do what I know I need to do to get rid of my fat rolls. When does it hurt enough to make it worth my while to change?

Worse, the thing about fat rolls is that it's more than just my increasing waistline. There's the fat roll of my brain-all the stuff I know I need to do that's good for me, and yet I continue to choose to keep my fat rolls. My house is one big fat roll. I hate how messy it gets. And yet, that pan in the sink from last night that I left to "soak" isn't a big enough fat roll to get me off my butt to do what needs to be done to get rid of it.

Am I the only one with a bunch of big, ugly fat rolls?

I pray that in the coming year, we'll all find the strength, courage, and grace of God to take a long look at our fat rolls and make the decision to do whatever it takes to get rid of them once and for all.

5 comments:

Heather Diane Tipton said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather Diane Tipton said...

lol you turned it into an inspirational post. I'm impressed.

Sure, sure blame me for blogging about fat rolls.

and until you weigh more than me you can't call yourself fat. I on the other hand can smack you for being so thin!

Danica Favorite said...

I never said I was fat. I said I had fat rolls. Besides, I have a smaller bone structure and am shorter, so you SHOULD weigh more than me.

And no smacking allowed.

Camy Tang said...

Okay, now I'm just depressed. I don't have fat rolls, I have fat baguettes.
Camy

Danica Favorite said...

Don't be depressed! Fat Rolls Part Deux is coming right up!