Dropdown menu

Saturday, October 13, 2007

Hope no one barfs...

Probably the sweetest sentiment anyone's ever given me. And the most appropriate. I was chatting with my friend Mo about my new bed, getting the lowdown on what I need to do to make it perfect. Her goodbye to me was "enjoy your clean sheets. Hope no one barfs."

That should be how everyone says goodbye. Clean sheets are the best thing in the world, hands down. I looooooooove sleeping on freshly laundered sheets. I'll be appreciating it even more now after sleeping in skunk smell. So yes, for someone to tell me to enjoy them...

But really, the best part, the part that says she knows and loves me, is that she hopes no one barfs. She obviously knows Mommy's Law of Clean Sheets: When the sheets are clean, someone will barf.

So tonight, as I spend quality mommy time with my girls and enjoy my nice clean bed, I wish you all clean sheets and no barf.

1 comment:

Kay Day said...

my mom gave me a great hint-- about 10 years later than I would have liked-- but anyway...
If you know that you have a "situation" put a vinyl table cloth under the person with the problem. Under their sheets. It is great! Still have to change the sheets, but it saves the mattress, floor, whatever.