Dropdown menu

Wednesday, December 24, 2014

December Thanksgiving Art Journal Challenge Day 23

2014-12-24 00.01.16Ah, the busy season of the holidays. I've been pretty good about being prepared, but, as always seems to happen, I got caught up in some last minute things for the holiday. Even though it was less stressful than anticipated, I'm not fond of crowds, so having to be out in the middle of them wasn't my idea of fun. I did find that people were much friendlier than anticipated, so it was a nice surprise.

However, after my stressful day, just as I was getting ready to eat dinner, I realized that we'd almost forgotten our dance lesson. So away we went, getting to the studio just in time. Last spring, hubby finally agreed to my dream of taking dance lessons. Years ago, before we were married, I'd go out swing dancing with friends. It was so much fun. But hubby didn't know how to dance and wasn't a very good dancer, so I gave it up. But all these years, I've really missed dancing.

At first, hubby tolerated it because it made me so happy. But now, he really has fun with it too. So when we went to our lesson tonight, it was a much needed stress reliever. And, it got my heart pumping in a good way, a nice way to burn off all the holiday calories and make me feel good.

I'm not a fan of exercise, and to be honest, I don't like the feeling of getting my heart rate going. But when I dance... ah, now that makes me feel good. I even forget how much I hate to sweat!

Today's art journal challenge is your heartbeat.


And let me tell you, as much as we don't think about our heartbeat, it's definitely something to be thankful for. Well, okay, you knew that. But how often do we express thanks for our heartbeat? Tonight I was very much reminded it was there after some great dances.

Here is today's art journal entry:
"I am so thankful for my heartbeat. It's one of those things that's always there for us that we never think about- how miraculous it is to have something so essential to life be automatic. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!"

Take the time to express your thanks for your heartbeat today!


 

I'd love for you to share your art journal masterpieces. You can either post them on Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram with the hashtag #DecemberThanksgiving, or feel free to email me if you want to keep it private.

And, if you'd like to receive a PDF with all the challenges for this month, be sure to subscribe to my newsletter!

You can sign up here:



Subscribe to my mailing list to join in the December Thanksgiving Challenge!


* indicates required







Email Format














 

No comments: