Dropdown menu

Wednesday, December 03, 2014

December Thanksgiving Art Journal Challenge Day Three

2014-12-03 13.57.11Welcome to day three of the December Thanksgiving Art Journal challenge!! This is the point where I sheepishly tell you that I mixed days two and three up. :) Take that, perfectionism! So if you have my calendar, you did this one yesterday and the other one is today, and you're confused about my blog entries. Sorry about that. At least we know I'm human.

On to day three. Or two if you did it by my handy dandy calendar. :)

Something outside your window.


How many times do we look out the window and not notice all the details we see every day? So many things we take for granted. Or maybe we do really enjoy them. My art journal entry today of something outside my window is something near and dear to my heart- my chickens. Lately, they've been getting past my extreme security measures (the baby gate) and getting on the deck, curling up in front of my sliding glass door.  I had no idea I could love a bunch of chickens so much, but I really do.

As far as my artistic talent goes, well, I joyfully admit that these are not the best drawn chickens in the world, but they're my chickens, and I love them.


Remember, your art doesn't have to be good. It's yours, so love it and embrace it!

My art journal entry reads, "I am thankful for my chickens. I love my Peeps so much. Hearing them chirp and watching them run around the yard makes me so happy! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!"

What's outside your window that you're thankful for?


I'd love for you to share your art journal masterpieces. You can either post them on Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram with the hashtag #DecemberThanksgiving, or feel free to email me if you want to keep it private.

And, if you'd like to receive a PDF with all the challenges for this month, be sure to subscribe to my newsletter!

You can sign up here:



Subscribe to my mailing list to join in the December Thanksgiving Challenge!


* indicates required







Email Format












No comments: