Dropdown menu

Monday, December 15, 2014

December Thanksgiving Art Journal Challenge Day 14

2014-12-15 19.23.32I found a new fun craft to do the other day. I went to my knitting group, hoping to do some knitting, but instead, one of the gals came with a new craft to teach us- quilling! We spent the evening making lovely snowflakes out of paper, and it felt good to be working on a craft that was not only easy, but something I've read about in historicals. How cool to be doing something that women have done for hundreds of years.

Not only did we have fun at knitting group, but then I brought some supplies home and taught my daughter. She loves it too!

Today's art journal challenge is someone you've talked to in this past week.


I'm so grateful for the group of women in my knitting group. Talking to them always brings me great joy and comfort. Some of my favorite people are in that group, and I'm very thankful for them.

My entry reads: "I am so thankful for talking to my friend Christa this week because she taught me about paper quilling and I really love this fun and easy craft. I am really enjoying it. I love the ladies in my knitting group- they are so encouraging. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!"

Who have you talked to in this past week that you're thankful for?


I'd love for you to share your art journal masterpieces. You can either post them on Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram with the hashtag #DecemberThanksgiving, or feel free to email me if you want to keep it private.

And, if you'd like to receive a PDF with all the challenges for this month, be sure to subscribe to my newsletter!

You can sign up here:



Subscribe to my mailing list to join in the December Thanksgiving Challenge!


* indicates required







Email Format












No comments: