Dropdown menu

Monday, December 15, 2014

December Thanksgiving Art Journal Challenge Day 15

2014-12-15 19.28.02Ah, finally caught up! It seems like December is the month for being crazy, feeling like you're behind, and that there aren't enough hours in the day. Precisely why I created this challenge. If you're just starting, or if you did one day and then got behind, that's okay. Do what you can, when you can. But take the time to be thankful.

You can't really tell in the picture, but I totally messed up my stick figure. Who can mess up a stick figure, right? But you know, I think that's what I love about it. I like how imperfect and messy my art journal gets because it's a reminder that none of us have to be perfect. So get messy. Let your art be what it is.

Here we are at day fifteen, and we've already uncovered so many things to be thankful for. My art journal is full of fifteen days of being thankful. Fifteen things that I can acknowledge as moments of gratitude. And that makes my days brighter.

No matter what stress you're under, gratitude eases the burden.


So my encouragement to you, no matter what your days are like, even when you don't have time to write a blog like I'm doing, grab your index cards and do a quick entry, giving thanks to what you do have. The good, the bad, the ugly, and the bizarre.

Today's art journal gratitude challenge is sleep.


We're all so busy and at least in my case, lacking sleep. So let's be grateful for the sleep we are getting.

Here's my entry for today: "I'm so thankful for sleep. I am a little cranky because I was tired today and tried taking a nap but got woken up. This is a good reminder to me that I need to be thankful for every minute of sleep I do get. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!"

How can you be thankful for sleep?


I'd love for you to share your art journal masterpieces. You can either post them on Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram with the hashtag #DecemberThanksgiving, or feel free to email me if you want to keep it private.

And, if you'd like to receive a PDF with all the challenges for this month, be sure to subscribe to my newsletter!

You can sign up here:



Subscribe to my mailing list to join in the December Thanksgiving Challenge!


* indicates required







Email Format












No comments: