Dropdown menu

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

December Thanksgiving Art Journal Challenge Day 30

Dece,ber Thanksgiving art journal challenge day 30Here we are at today's art journal challenge, and this is where I realized that my originality was flagging. I started drawing a dollar bill to symbolize the money in my wallet, and then I remembered I'd already drawn a dollar bill. But you know, it's not about being the most creative or original, and my picture still ended up being different. So if you think this looks similar to something I've already done, you can check out Day 11. There, I even gave you the cheat. :)

Sometimes we get so wrapped up in the perfectionism of coming up with good ideas, or new ideas, that we get stuck and don't move forward. And that's not okay. Let whatever needs to come out, come out. And if it's a dumb idea, or ugly, or a repeat, or even (as I think this one is) a less good version of something you've already done, so what?

Your art journal is a place to let it all out.


Don't let that stuff stay stuck inside you. If what you want to express is something you've already expressed before, express it. The new ideas, the pretty ideas, the things you wish you could say or do, they aren't going to come until you get all the other junk out of the way. The best thing about your art journal is that it is a place where you can freely express yourself without worrying about the censor.

Even with the topic, I was tempted to find something more interesting or more spiritual to post about, but you know what? I really am grateful for the money in my wallet. I mentioned a couple days ago that sometimes you have to censor yourself publicly in the interest of not offending people. But sometimes, you also have to be willing to just be you.

Today's art journal challenge is something in your wallet.


Here is my entry:

"I am so thankful for all the cash I have in my wallet. I usually don't carry cash, but lately I have been, and it makes me feel really happy to have cash. I don't know why, but I like it! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!"

To quote a commercial, "What's in your wallet?"


 

I'd love for you to share your art journal masterpieces. You can either post them on Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram with the hashtag #DecemberThanksgiving, or feel free to email me if you want to keep it private.

And, if you'd like to receive a PDF with all the art journal challenges for this month, be sure to subscribe to my newsletter!

You can sign up here:



Subscribe to my mailing list to join in the December Thanksgiving Challenge!


* indicates required







Email Format














 

 

 

 

 

No comments: