Dropdown menu

Sunday, December 28, 2014

December Thanksgiving Art Journal Challenge Day 26

art journal challenge www.danicafavorite.comWell, here is another embarrassed post about being behind on my art journal posts. But I think that's why I told you to begin with that you should sign up for my newsletter and get the calendar. And, this is why I made it an easy challenge, with an easy journal for this busy month. The good news is that I've kept up on my art journal at home- I just didn't manage to find time to blog about it. Such is my life. So here I am, catching up on life, and okay, I'm procrastinating on finishing cleaning my office, setting goals, and a few other work things. So why not get those posts done, right?

I know, I'm terrible, but truthfully, my messy office has kept me from a lot of creative activity lately. I don't know why, but it seems like when my office is a mess, it's hard for me to think and be creative. My art journal supplies are scattered in weird places, and it's hard to create when you don't know where stuff is! It made me downright giddy to find the missing lid to one of my pens. It's the small things, I know.

Which is why, in doing this particular challenge, I focused more on the small things as well. So many times at the holidays, we focus on giving that big fancy gift. And you know, those gifts are all good and well. I've done a few of those. But this year, I gave a lot of small but thoughtful gifts. And the crazy thing is, I've never seen my kids happier about their presents.

Today's art journal challenge is: The best gift you gave


For today's art journal, I took a piece of wrapping paper I liked (from a gift hubby received) and glued it down to my page. Then I did a few doodles to make it look pretty. Not a lot of work or talent involved there, and again, I like to point out stuff like that because I want you to know how easy it is for you to jump in and do it yourself! Creativity is like any other muscle, the more you use it, the better you get.

Here is my entry for today(ish):

"The best gift I gave was that everyone in the family got warm fuzzy blankets to cuddle up in. It was so nice seeing everyone so happy and warm. Everyone has been wanting new blankets for a while, and I'm so thankful we could do it. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!"


What was the best gift you gave this year?


I'd love for you to share your art journal masterpieces. You can either post them on Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram with the hashtag #DecemberThanksgiving, or feel free to email me if you want to keep it private.

And, if you'd like to receive a PDF with all the art journal challenges for this month, be sure to subscribe to my newsletter!

You can sign up here:



Subscribe to my mailing list to join in the December Thanksgiving Challenge!


* indicates required







Email Format














 

 

No comments: