Dropdown menu

Saturday, December 06, 2014

December Thanksgiving Art Journal Challenge Day Six

2014-12-06 20.11.44It's really late, I know. My intention was to post today's ahead of time and life got away from me. It's Saturday, which is Westernaire day in our family. We spend the whole day at the riding arena where the kids do their horseback activities. Which doesn't leave a lot of time for art journaling or posting about it.

And yet, that's the beauty of this project. I'm sitting on the couch with my kids and we're talking about our art journals. Princess is struggling to think about things she's not thankful for. Cowgirl told us about how she's not thankful for the mean kids at school. So yeah, at our house, we're a little behind in our art journaling. And that's okay. Because here we are, after a long week, and a really long day, talking about things we are (and aren't) thankful for.

You know what we haven't been talking much about? All the stuff they want for Christmas. Yes we've had that conversation, but the thing we're talking about the most is what we're thankful for.


Not a great lead-in to today's topic, but I wanted to share how this challenge is going in my family.

Today's art journal topic is someone who challenges you.


I realized after I came up with the topic that it probably wasn't a good idea for me to publicly share the names of any challenging people in my life. Even if I made up a name, people might think I was talking about a particular person. So... I went the easy way out. You can go my way, or something personal. Remember, your art journal is for your eyes only, unless you choose to share.

Here's what I wrote in my art journal:

"I am grateful for the challenging people in my life. I decided not to name anyone in particular since I am making this public. But I am grateful for the ways they make me learn and grow. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!"

Who's challenging you? How can you be thankful for them?


 

I'd love for you to share your art journal masterpieces. You can either post them on Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram with the hashtag #DecemberThanksgiving, or feel free to email me if you want to keep it private.

And, if you'd like to receive a PDF with all the challenges for this month, be sure to subscribe to my newsletter!

You can sign up here:



Subscribe to my mailing list to join in the December Thanksgiving Challenge!


* indicates required







Email Format












No comments: