Dropdown menu

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Thirty five minutes of freedom

And then I start Nano-ing like crazy. ICK! I'm still not entirely committed to a story. I suppose I'll have to do it soon, eh?

I took two princesses out to the harvest festival tonight. Lots of fun. I have to say, I've got the most unusual princesses on the planet. They both wanted dragons painted on their cheeks.

I don't have anything particularly interesting to share, although I did have a good rant earlier today. I ended up taking a nap instead. And then I woke up later than I'd planned. Which wasn't a bad thing, considering That Man had to work late and I was not about to brave the festival alone with kiddos in tow. Add in one teenage ghoul and her boyfriend stopping by, and I forgot the most important thing of my life.

I didn't realize it until we stopped by the fire station so the girls could trick or treat at Uncle Ricky's. Thankfully, Dougie (bless the wonderful fireman who watches my show) had just turned on Veronica Mars. Girl Genius had forgotten to change the timer on my VCR to reflect Daylight Savings Time. Which I realized as I heard the opening bars of the theme song. Sooo... I watched the beginning of Veronica at the fire house, raced home during the commercial, and finished up at home. That Man was supposed to take the kiddos trick or treating in the neighborhood so I could watch in silence, but he chickened out. It doesn't need to be Halloween for our children to terrify him. However, the sugar high that began at the school party was in fully gear. He brought them home. I do not like having to interrupt my wonderful show to yell at my kids to stop doing whatever it was to irritate me-this is when I wish I'd raised them according to the "children should be seen and not heard" philosophy.

Seriously. My life would be so much easier if people realized that there are only three important things in my life: Veronica Mars, Todd Agnew, and The LiLi. I wish I'd taken a picture of That Man's face when I said that to him the other night. For those of you without a sense of humor, I'm joking. And yes, That Man thinks it's funny-except when I tell him to move over because The LiLi does not have enough room on our bed. Then he gets irritated. The things we do for love.

I'm getting random now, aren't I? I have to spew all the random stuff I can, because in 14 minutes, I have to be totally focused. 50,000 words in 30 days is a tough task, even for me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you got to see most of VM. I didn't much care for the previews from next week. *sigh*

Danica Favorite said...

Me either, Tori. Dang those people who want to split up a perfectly good couple for the sake of conflict.